A backwater valve performs a critical function in modern water systems. Responsible for backflow prevention, this device ensures the water in your home or business is free of contaminants.
In an ideal plumbing setup, water can only flow one way. When pipes drop perpendicular to the ground, gravity ensures this action. However, your home’s plumbing system consists of pipes running at all angles. The water moves due to pressure, and backflow valves prevent contaminated water from seeping back into the system.
As Randolph County professionals, we maintain full backflow certification. As such, you can expect the following when working with our team:
- Courteous, professional service
- Fast turnarounds
- Affordable rates
- Solutions that last
- Quality workmanship
- 24/7 live help
Do you have a problem with water pressure rather than water quality? Speak to our team about general plumbing repairs.
Backflow Testing Services
It’s essential to schedule regular backflow testing services because there are seldom visible signs of contamination. During these tests, our team will:
- Shut off the water supply.
- Focus on the backflow devices, determined by the flow direction.
- Number the test cocks.
- Bleed the debris and then assemble the necessary adapters.
- Switch off the downstream supply.
- Attach the test kit hoses.
- If necessary, clean the first check valve.
- Run the tests to ensure proper operation.
Backflow Prevention and Backflow Repair
If our backflow testing & repair specialist finds any issues, they will advise you of the outcome. They will then discuss the nature of the contaminants and their implications of these. In the case of a sewerage backflow, they will recommend urgent steps to prevent your family from becoming ill.
This issue can develop for several reasons, with some more serious than others:
- A problem with the backflow device: A perished washer is an easy fix, whereas cracking or leaking may mean replacements.
- A system layout issue: It’s possible for plumbers to cross systems incorrectly when installing new plumbing.
- An outdated backflow device: While these simple devices have a reasonable lifespan, they do not last forever. An increase in water pressure, usage, or old age can render them ineffective.
While we’re on the topic of water supply, is it time to install a low-flow shower head to save money? Call our team!
These systems require some specialist knowledge. City ordinances in Asheboro, NC, make it compulsory for plumbers to register as certified state backflow testers. Do not consult any services without proper backflow certification.