Clogged toilets happen - whether it’s from a blockage, a toy that your child tried to flush, or another cause. While these clogs are an inconvenience, they can also cause water damage and lead to a plumbing emergency. To prevent this, it’s important to seek professional help to remove the clog as soon as possible. Call Pride Plumbing for expert repairs in Mount Gilead, NC. We offer upfront pricing and promise to arrive on-time!
Protect your family’s health with backflow testing and repairs. Contact us to schedule an appointment in Mt. Gilead.
Ways To Prevent Toilet Clogs
Clogged toilets are a nuisance that can require professional repairs. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent these blockages, including:
- Don’t flush disposable diapers or wipes.
- Don’t place large wads of toilet paper in the toilet.
- Don’t flush paper towels.
- Don’t place items like Q-tips or other beauty and hygiene products in the toilet.
- Don’t flush hair trimmings or nail clippings.
- Keep a wastebasket near the toilet to remind yourself and others to throw non-flushable items in there.
How Plumbers Repair Clogged Toilets
When your toilet clogs and a plunger is unable to dislodge the blockage, you may need professional help. Plumbers have specialized tools and techniques they can use to remove the clogs -- including an auger and hydro jetting.
An auger is a hollow tube attached to an elbow fitting that’s covered by a rubber sleeve to protect the toilet bowl from scratches. An expert can dislodge the clog by feeding the tool through the toilet drain with a flexible cable.
For some hard-to-remove blockages, a plumber might choose to use hydro jetting. During this technique, a professional will insert a high-pressure hose with special nozzles into the drain. The hose is connected to a machine that pressurizes the water, creating a force to dislodge the clog.
Keep your family safe and healthy by repairing your sewer line as soon as possible. Contact us to learn about our sewer line services.
Signs Your Toilet Needs To Be Replaced
Is your toilet starting to clog more frequently? This can indicate that you need to install a new unit. Other signs to watch for can include:
- Age: If your unit is older and requires replacement parts to keep it functioning.
- Cracks: Because most units are made of porcelain, they are prone to cracks in the bowl and tank cover. These can eventually cause leaks and can lead to water damage in your home.
- Wear and tear: As your system ages it can develop scratches from wear and tear. These can show stains and cause dirt to cling to them, making the toilet more difficult to clean over time.
- Increased utility bills: If you notice an increase in your utility bills it can signal your aging unit is no longer efficient and is using more water than it needs to.
If your toilet needs repairs and doesn’t yet need to be replaced, call our experts at Pride Plumbing. We offer toilet component replacements to our customers in Mount Gilead!