When you need water heater replacements, drain cleaning repairs, and repiping services, you need experienced professionals to complete the work. Letting these issues go unrepaired can result in water damage to your house or building. To limit the damage, call Pride Plumbing to schedule services in the Mount Gilead, NC area. In business since 1965, we offer 24/7 emergency services.
We’ve been plumbing with pride since 1965. Read our testimonials to learn why our customers call us when they need repairs.
Proudly Serving Mt. Gilead & Surrounding Areas
We proudly provide plumbing services to the following areas:
- Mt. Gilead,NC
- Southern Pines,NC
- West End,NC
- Seven Lakes,NC
- Whispering Pines,NC
Common Water Heater Problems
You rely on your water heater to provide hot water to your home or building. Unfortunately, occasionally your unit might encounter issues that you need to repair. Some common issues can include:
- Absence of hot water: One of the most obvious - and inconvenient -- issues with your unit is when it stops producing hot water. If you own a gas-powered unit, it can be due to an extinguished pilot light that needs to be relit. It can also be due to a damaged heating element.
- Leaking: If your unit is leaking, you should have it inspected by a professional to determine if it can be repaired or if the unit needs to be replaced.
- Odd noises: Loud or odd noises coming from your system can signal a damaged heating element or a buildup of sediment.
- Cracks: Any cracks in the unit should be inspected by a professional to determine if they can be repaired.
What Causes Burst Pipes
A burst pipe can be a major plumbing emergency as it can send hundreds of gallons of water gushing into your house or building. Burst pipes can be caused by the following issues:
- Freezing temperatures: Low temps can cause the water inside pipes to freeze and then expand.
- Major clogs: These can cause water pressure to build-up and can cause pipes to break.
- Aging pipes: Older pipes will corrode, crack, then eventually burst.
- Tree roots: Nearby tree roots can infiltrate your pipes and cause damage.
- Shift: A shift in the earth can wreck pipes.
- Construction: A major construction project can cause damage to pipes.
Is your checking account balance preventing you from scheduling plumbing repairs? Contact us to learn about our financing options.
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
To completely remove clogs from your piping system it’s important to schedule drain cleaning services. Some signs that can indicate you need professional services can include:
- Slow drains: These can indicate a variety of problems, including the early stages of a clog, pipes that have been narrowed due to mineral or grease buildup, or even improper grading of your drainage system.
- Recurring clogs: If you need to clean out hair and other substances from your drain frequently, you might not be removing the entire clog. It can be time to call in an expert!
- Multiple drains that are clogged at one time: Several clogged drains can indicate a severe blockage deep within your main line.
- Foul odor: Bad odors coming from your drains can signal food that’s trapped in your drain or issues with your sewer line.
- Flooding: One of the worst problems associated with clogged drains is a sewage backup. If there is flooding in your basement or near a floor drain, it can indicate a clog and it may just be a matter of time before the drain stops working completely and you end up with contaminated water all over your floor.