A water leak can cause major damage to your house and property. To limit the wreckage it’s important to schedule professional services quickly to locate and repair the leak. Call Pride Plumbing for water leak detection services in Mount Gilead, NC. When you book an appointment with us our experts will provide upfront pricing and guarantee to arrive on-time!
Gas leaks can pose dangerous risks to your house and property. Contact us to schedule gas leak detection services in Mount Gilead.
Causes of Hidden Water Leaks
A hidden water leak can quickly and quietly cause major damage to your property. To try to limit the repairs and clean-up, it’s important to detect these leaks as soon as possible. Some potential causes can include:
- Aging pipes that can breakdown.
- Corrosion that can lead to leaks.
- Freezing pipes that can burst.
- Poorly installed pipes.
- Tree roots that can cause the pipes to break.
- Cracks in your system.
- Other major obstructions that can cause damage to your pipelines if not removed.
If you suspect you have a leak, call Pride Plumbing to let our experts find and repair the leak!
Potential Dangers of Leaky Pipes
When you have a leaking pipe, it can do more damage than just leave water or moisture for you to clean up. These can lead to several risks, including:
- Flooding in your home, yard, and surrounding property.
- Severe property damage to your house that can lead to mold and mildew.
- Health hazards caused by a broken sewer line.
- Damage to your piping system.
- Electrical shortages that could put you and your family at risk.
- Higher water bills.
Is there a clog in your piping system? Learn about our drain cleaning services.
How To Avoid Leaks in Your Piping System
The best way to avoid water damage caused by leaking pipes is to prevent a leak from forming. You can avoid these situations by doing the following tasks:
- Have your pipes inspected regularly by a plumber.
- Have your old or damaged pipes replaced.
- Insulate your pipes during cold weather to avoid freezing.
- Schedule professional drain cleaning services.
- Don’t put harmful materials down your drains.
- Be aware of where your pipes run underground and avoid major construction projects near them.
- Plant trees away from pipelines.