While the exciting parts of a bathroom remodel might include picking out a new bathtub, shower tile, or fixtures, one of the most important elements is to ensure your piping system is properly installed. Make sure you hire an expert to troubleshoot any piping issues and correctly install your plumbing fixtures. Call Pride Plumbing for services in Mount Gilead, NC. In business since 1965, we get the work done right the first time.
A clogged toilet is more than a nuisance - it can put your house at risk for a plumbing emergency. Contact us for clogged toilet repair services in Mt. Gilead.
Plumbing Issues You Might Encounter During a Bathroom Remodel
You can encounter several issues during a bathroom remodel. Some problems you might run into that will require a professional to repair at your Mt. Gilead house can include:
- Pipe rerouting: This may be needed if there are cracks, fractures, or obstructions to correct.
- Leaks: If a leak is detected, the plumber can determine the best course of action to repair it.
- Slope: The slope of your bathroom should be assessed when considering your remodel.
When To Replace Your Toilet
How old is the toilet in your bathroom? While you might not think about replacing your toilet during a bathroom remodel, there are certain symptoms that can indicate it’s time to install a new unit. These can include:
- Age: If you’ve experienced issues with your older unit recently, it can be more cost-effective to replace it than to buy new parts.
- Cracks: Cracks can expand and cause water damage.
- Constant clogs: Frequent clogs can be due to an older design.
- Wear and tear: Visible scratches and signs of aging can make the unit look dirty or worn.
- High utility bills: Older toilets use more water than newer models, which can take a toll on your monthly water bills.
Don’t put your family’s health at risk. Learn about our backflow testing and repair services.
Signs You Need a New Bathtub
Should a new bathtub be part of your bathroom remodel project? While you might be OK with the appearance of your tub, you should consider installing a new unit if you notice the following symptoms:
- Cracks: If there are cracks in your unit these can get worse over time and can cause water damage.
- Limescale stains: These can be hard to remove and are unsightly.
- Leaking: Any leaks can cause water damage to your home.