Your kitchen is likely the hub of your house. It’s where you prepare meals, eat, gather with your family and guests, wash dishes, and more. So when you upgrade or replace your plumbing fixtures and appliances it’s important to hire experienced professionals. Call Pride Plumbing for kitchen plumbing services in Mount Gilead, NC. We guarantee on-time arrivals and upfront pricing!
Are there odors coming from your clogged kitchen sink? Contact us to learn about our drain cleaning services.
Common Garbage Disposal Problems
Your garbage disposal endures a lot of wear and tear by grinding up food scraps. It can be expected then that the appliance will encounter issues from time to time. Some common problems it might experience include:
- Jams: This can occur when inappropriate items -- like high-fiber vegetables such as corn husks and carrots -- are placed in the disposal.
- Clogs: When clogs occur, let professionals take apart the disposal to remove the blockage.
- Loss of power: If you flip the switch and your unit doesn’t start, it can be due to a disrupted or faulty connection. A professional can inspect the unit and make any necessary repairs.
- Noise: Loud or unusual noises can indicate there are metal or hard plastic objects in the appliance.
- Leaking disposal: Leaks can be repaired by a plumber to get the unit working correctly.
When To Replace Your Faucet
A malfunctioning kitchen faucet can be a major inconvenience for your Mt. Gilead household. To avoid an issue, replace your unit when you notice the following symptoms:
- Leaks: Depending on the severity and cause of the leak a professional will determine if your faucet can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced.
- Severe limescale buildup: Buildup can decrease your water pressure and cause other parts of your system to rust.
- Requires expensive parts: If your unit needs expensive repairs or parts, it can be more cost-effective to replace it.
Ensure the water coming from your kitchen faucet is safe for your family to drink. Contact us to learn about our water filtration systems.
Ways To Maintain Your Garbage Disposal
To keep your garbage disposal working properly, it’s important to keep it maintained. Some tips you can follow to keep your unit running are:
- Avoid putting hard food items like corn husks and chicken bones down the disposal.
- Don’t put starchy foods, like potatoes, in the unit.
- When using the system, run water into it and keep it running for a few seconds after the disposal has been turned off.
- To keep the blades sharp, grind ice in the unit once a week.
- Clean your system with baking soda, vinegar, and water.
- Freshen your unit with lemons.