Do you have to schedule your family’s showers to ensure there is enough hot water for everyone? There is a solution to this -- a tankless water heater. These energy-efficient units provide on-demand hot water when you need it - without needing to wait for the tank of water to heat up. Call Pride Plumbing for tankless water heater repairs and installations in Mount Gilead, NC. In business since 1965, our experienced professionals get the work done right the first time!
Are you not ready to install a tankless water heater? That’s OK! Contact us to learn about our traditional water heater services.
Benefits Tankless Water Heaters Provide
Are you trying to determine whether to install a tankless water heater or a traditional unit in your Mt. Gilead home? There are advantages of installing an on-demand unit. Some of these benefits can include:
- They can reduce your monthly utility bills by only heating the exact amount of water needed.
- They require less maintenance than traditional units.
- They pose fewer risks of contaminated water since the water isn’t sitting in a tank until it’s used.
- They take up less space than traditional models as they don’t have a storage tank.
Life Expectancy of Tankless Units
When purchasing a new appliance for your home -- including a tankless water heater -- you are unlikely to get a guarantee on how long the system will last. However, experts do offer some estimates on the lifespan of tankless units. Depending on the make and model, these systems can last between 10 to 20 years -- or longer. This can be affected by how well the system is maintained, how often it is used, and the quality of water it is heating.
Act fast when your main water line needs repairs to prevent major water damage to your house. Contact us for water line repair services.
Common Issues With on-Demand Water Heaters
While there are many benefits to instant hot water heaters, like any appliance, there are also some issues you might encounter with these units. Some of these can include:
- Cost: The initial cost of the system may be more expensive than a traditional unit, but you will save on energy usage. Soon, the money you’re saving can outweigh the price of the unit.
- Installation: During installation, extensive piping, proper venting, and electrical expertise are required. Only trust a plumbing professional to do this work!
- Buildup: Corrosion and mineral buildup may occur if the unit is not flushed every six months.
- Overload: Product overload can occur if the heater was improperly sized for its usage.