Do you need to install a new gas line - either for a new appliance or a new BBQ? Schedule services with a professional to ensure the line is added accurately and safely. Call Pride Plumbing for appointments in Mount Gilead, NC. Our experts guarantee to get the work done right the first time!
If you suspect there is a gas leak at your house, call us quickly to learn about our gas leak detection services.
Signs You Need To Repair or Replace Your Gas Line
Any problem with your gas line should be inspected by a professional to keep your family safe. Some signs you should watch for that can indicate you need to schedule expert services as soon as possible include:
- Unfamiliar hissing or roaring sounds near the line.
- Malfunctioning gas-powered appliances.
- Previous gas leaks in the same area.
- Increasing utility and gas bills even though your usage hasn’t changed.
- The gas line is visible.
- An aging system.
Common Symptoms of a Gas Leak
Gas leaks can be extremely dangerous for your household and property -- so it’s important to identify them as soon as possible to have them inspected by professionals. Some obvious signs you should be aware of are the odor of rotten eggs and hissing sounds around your gas line. Other visible signs to watch for can include dying vegetation and excess condensation on the windows. You should also inspect the areas around the appliances and grill for any damage to the gas line. Watch for health issues amongst members of your household like feeling dizzy, light-headed, or nauseous. Call Pride Plumbing for appointments in Mt. Gilead.
Are your pipes showing signs of aging? Learn about our repiping services.
What To Do When You Have a Gas Leak
You need to act quickly when you have a gas leak. To keep your family safe, follow these steps:
- Evacuate your home.
- Call emergency professionals and experts for help.
- Avoid turning light switches on or off.
- Do not operate any electronics, including cell phones.
- Do not light any flames.
- Open all of the doors and windows in your home.
- Do not start your car - even if it’s parked on the street. Any area near your home is at-risk.