Has your malfunctioning water heater left you showering in cold water? Are your clogged drains starting to release an odor? You need professional plumbing services to restore comfort to your home and to prevent water damage to your property. Call Pride Plumbing for services in Mount Gilead, NC. In business since 1965, our professionals arrive on-time and provide flat-rate pricing.
We offer the following top quality plumbing services:
- 24 Hour Emergency Services
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
- Water Leak Detection
- Water Line Services
- Gas Leak Detection
- Gas Line Services
- Drain Cleaning
- Hydro Jetting
- Sewer Line Services
- Sewer Video Inspection
- Repiping Services
- Kitchen Plumbing & Garbage Disposal
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Clogged Toilet Repair
- Backflow Testing & Repair
- Sump Pump Services
- Slab Leak Repair
- Water Softeners
- Water Filtration Systems
- Septic Pumping
- Commercial Plumbing
Does your aging water heater need to be replaced? Contact us for water heater services.
Why a Burst Pipe Is an Emergency
When you come home to water gushing into your house from a burst pipe, it’s important to act quickly to try to limit the amount of water damage. A burst pipe is a major plumbing emergency that needs to be repaired quickly. It can start manageable with minimal water seeping out through the hole, but soon the hole will expand and can leave hundreds of gallons of water gushing into your house. This can lead to extensive water damage to your floors, walls, insulation, and even electrical system.
Signs You Should Replace Your Water Heater
Is your aging water heater failing to produce hot water? This can be a sign that you need to replace your unit. Some other symptoms to watch for can include:
- Age: If your unit is showing signs of wear and tear
- Losing efficiency: If your unit is not properly heating your water and your utility bills are increasing.
- Rust and corrosion: If there are signs of rust or corrosion on the unit.
- Leaking: If your unit is leaking. You should have a plumber look at the system and determine if the leak can be repaired or if the unit should be replaced.
- Cracks: If there are any cracks in the unit. Ask a plumber if these can be repaired or if the unit needs to be replaced.
When you come home to a flooded house, get professional help quickly! Call us for 24-hour emergency services!
When You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
When your drains start to slow down, resist the urge to pour over-the-counter solution down them to remove the clog. Instead, schedule professional drain cleaning services at your Mt. Gilead home when you notice the following signs:
- Slow drains: These can signal a variety of problems, including the early stages of a clog, pipes that have been narrowed due to mineral or grease buildup, or even improper grading of your drainage system.
- Recurring clogs: If your drains get clogged frequently, it can mean you’re not removing the entire blockage on your own and it’s time to get professional help.
- Multiple drains that are clogged at one time: Multiple clogs at once could indicate a severe blockage deep within your water line.
- Foul odor: This could signal a minor problem, like food that is trapped inside your drain, or a major issue with your sewer line. If you smell bad odors coming from your drains, call a plumber to inspect the issue to determine the cause.
- Flooding: A sewage backup can be one of the most serious issues associated with a clog. If you notice flooding in your basement or near a floor drain, it could indicate a blockage and it may just be a matter of time before the drain stops working completely and you end up with contaminated water all over your floor.
Pride Plumbing was called out for a toilet tank that would run constantly and not fill, a scratch up toilet seat, and a dripping bathroom sink faucet. We replaced the toilet tank's flapper with a new Lavelle 54BP black Korky model, replaced the toilet seat with a new Mainline ML1525EC000 model, and used a Delta faucet repair kit and replaced the faucet's stem assembly, washers, and springs.
Pride Plumbing was called out for a slow-draining kitchen sink drain line. We went underneath the home, removed a Fernco coupling to separate a galvanized drain line, inserted a medium-sized sewer machine into it and cleared the blockage. We provided a price quote to 1) repipe and replace the galvanized and cast iron drain lines under the house in the crawlspace, going to a) the fixtures in the kitchen and two bathrooms (sinks, toilets, and bathtubs/showers - replacing the toilet bowls' flanges and wax seals and the P-traps underneath all the sinks); and b) the washing machine - installing new PVC piping, fittings and supports under the house for each fixture; and 2) dig a ditch from the house to the town sewer tap to expose and remove the outside main sewer septic drain line; install a new 4-inch PVC sewer drain line (connecting it to the main drain line under the home) along with proper cleanouts and fittings per code; install tracer wire in the ditch along with the new sewer drain l
Pride Plumbing came out and used a ShopVac to clear a bathtub/shower's drain P-trap due to it slow draining and placed insulation around two yard hydrants.
Pride Plumbing came out and relocated a plastic washing machine box (along with its vent, PVC drain, and hot and cold PEX water supply lines) and a Rheem hot water heater. We upgraded the washer box's vent line to two-inches and ran it from its new location and tied it into an existing vent line in the attic; hooked up the plumbing underneath the house and strapped the PVC drain and PEX water supply lines to the joists using snail clamps. We fire caulked the plumbing holes and also around the new piping.
Pride Plumbing was called out for two slow draining bathroom sinks. We used a small sewer machine and cleared sludge and hair out of the sinks' cast iron drain lines.