Don’t risk extensive damage to your home or property by leaving an issue with your main water line unrepaired. As soon as you suspect a problem, call the professionals at Pride Plumbing for services in Mount Gilead, NC. Our experts can detect and fix any issues to prevent major damage to your property. When you book an appointment with our professionals, we will provide upfront pricing and 24-hour emergency services.
Do you suspect there’s a leak in your plumbing system? Contact us to learn about our water leak detection services!
Common Water Main Issues
Problems with your main water line can quickly cause major damage to your Mt. Gilead house and property. To try to limit the damage it’s important to seek professional help when you first notice any problems, including these common issues:
- Holes or cracks: External corrosion from soil or frost can cause holes or cracks to form.
- Pressure: Pressure can cause lines to break, resulting in water flowing out of the pipes and to the surface. This can include the street, your lawn, or even your basement. This can also lead to contaminated water in your house - which can lead to health issues for your family.
- Leaky water valve: Leaky valves can be a common issue. Contact a professional to repair or replace the valve if you suspect you have a problem.
How To Detect a Leak
It’s important to detect leaks in your water line quickly to limit the amount of water damage. Some signs to watch for can include:
- Mold or mildew growing on the walls or floor.
- Wet spots forming on the floors or walls.
- Lusher grass than usual. While this may seem like a positive, it can indicate a leak that’s providing extra fertilizer to your lawn.
- Running water meter even when the fixtures are turned off.
If you notice these signs, call Pride Plumbing to have our experts detect and repair the issue.
An issue with your sewer line can cause extensive damage and potential health risks for your family. If you suspect you have a problem, call us for sewer line repairs.
Steps To Follow When Repairing or Replacing Your Water Line
Repairing or replacing your water line can be a major project. To ensure it’s done correctly, and safely, it’s important to take the right steps, including:
- Call a professional. If you suspect you have an issue, call an expert as soon as possible to make the repairs. It’s important to not try to fix these problems yourself.
- Know the signs for a full replacement. It can be difficult to determine if you need to replace your system or if you need repairs. Some signs that can indicate you need a new unit installed can include the age of your home and if you’ve had frequent plumbing issues.
- Be safe. Call 8-1-1 before any work is done on your water line to ensure there are no dangers near the pipes or electrical or gas lines before professionals perform any digging.