When your family pours a glass of water from the faucet, you want to ensure they are drinking clean and pure water. Install a whole-house filtration system to protect your family’s health. Call Pride Plumbing for installations and repairs in Mount Gilead, NC. In business since 1965, we provide upfront pricing and guarantee to arrive on-time!
Act quickly when your building needs plumbing repairs. Contact us to learn about our commercial plumbing services.
Different Types of Water Filtration Systems
When selecting a water filtration system for your Mt. Gilead house, there are many units you can choose from. Some of the most popular systems can include:
- Charcoal Filters: These are typically low in cost and are one of the most popular models.
- Sediment Filters: These help with homes that use well water.
- Water Distillers: These models use energy and typically have slow production. They remove Cryptosporidium and minerals from the water.
- Reverse Osmosis: This option removes Cryptosporidium and other minerals, and creates bottle-quality water.
- Alkaline Water Ionizers: These add a millivolt charge to water and minerals, and shift the pH levels.
- Ultraviolet Water Filters: This option destroys germs.
- Magnetic Water Filters: These filters reshape water minerals with magnets.
- Infrared Water Filters: These passively reshape water structures.
- Catalytic Water Filters: This type uses resin bead coatings to target specific toxins.
Maintenance To Perform on Whole-Home Water Filters
To keep your water safe, it’s important to perform regular maintenance on the system. Some tasks to perform on various units can include:
- Regularly change the carbon filters.
- With a reverse osmosis system, clean or replace the membrane. Service the pump that creates water pressure as needed.
- In water distillers, clean the components regularly.
- Replace ultraviolet bulbs in UV units as needed.
Protect your faucets, appliances, and skin by preventing hard water. Learn about our water softener services.
Common Problems With Water Filtration Systems
Like all appliances in your Mount Gilead home or property, there are some issues you might encounter with your water filtration system that can require professional repairs. Some common issues you might experience can include:
- The unit can stop working properly if you forget to change the carbon filter.
- The pump used in a reverse osmosis system could develop issues that can diminish your water pressure.
- While a water distillation system may have less frequent problems, it typically takes longer to do its job properly.