Plumbing emergencies can leave you devastated as you try to salvage your flooring, walls, and belongings from costly water damage. Limit the wreckage by scheduling professional services as soon as possible to repair burst pipes, leaks, and other issues. Call Pride Plumbing for services in Mount Gilead, NC. In business since 1965, our experienced professionals provide clean and courteous services and offer upfront pricing.
Save money on your utility bills with an on-demand water heater. Contact us for tankless water heater services in Mount Gilead.
How To Prevent Burst Pipes
A burst pipe can be a major plumbing emergency that results in extensive water damage you need to clean up and repair. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent this. Some ways you can avoid burst pipes can include:
- Keep your pipes properly insulated during colder weather. Otherwise, apply a heat wrap on extremely cold evenings.
- Keep your faucets running at a trickle in your sinks when the temperatures dip.
- Call a plumber if you notice reduced water pressure.
- Look for signs of leaks inside your home or building.
- Have your pipes inspected by a licensed technician.
- Have aging pipes replaced by a plumber.
- Schedule routine drain cleanings to remove buildup in your pipes.
Common Water Heater Problems You Might Encounter
You need a fully functioning water heater to provide comfort to your household. Unfortunately, from time to time your system will develop issues that need to be repaired. Some common problems can include:
- Lack of hot water: One of the most obvious - and common - problems with your system can be a lack of hot water. If this happens in a gas-powered unit it can be due to an extinguished pilot light that needs to be relit. It can also be caused by a damaged heating element that must be replaced.
- Leaks: If your unit is leaking, have it inspected by a professional so he or she can determine the severity of the leak and decide if the water heater should be repaired or replaced.
- Excess noise: Loud or odd noises coming from your system can signal a damaged heating element or a buildup of sediment inside the unit.
- Cracks: Any cracks in your unit should be inspected by a plumber to determine if they can be repaired or if a new system needs to be installed.
Avoid extensive water damage by finding leaks as soon as possible. Contact us for water leak detection services.
Benefits of Regular Drain Cleanings
To keep your drains functioning properly, it’s important to have them professionally cleaned regularly. Some benefits of performing these services can include:
- Clear stubborn clogs.
- Eliminate slow drains.
- Lower the risk of plumbing emergencies.
- Reduce odors.
- Provide the opportunity to identify other plumbing issues that may be affecting your water use and drainage, from improperly graded or ventilated drains to leaky pipes.