Every second counts in order to keep your family safe when you suspect you have a gas leak. Get help from the experts at the first signs of a leak. Call Pride Plumbing for appointments in Mount Gilead, NC. Our professionals will inspect the issue and recommend repairs as needed to help protect your household and property. We offer 24/7 emergency services!
When you need an issue with your gas line repaired, contact us immediately to learn about our gas line services.
Signs You Have a Gas Leak
Gas leaks can be incredibly dangerous for your family and your Mt. Gilead property. To keep everyone safe, it’s important to find an issue and have it repaired as soon as possible. Some symptoms to watch for can include:
- A smell similar to rotten eggs in your home.
- Dead or dying vegetation in your yard or around your property.
- Excess condensation on your windows.
- Family members suffering from health issues like nausea, dizziness, fatigue, or fainting.
- Damaged connections to gas-powered appliances.
- A hissing or roaring sound near your gas pipes.
- Water or dirt in the air near the gas source.
If you notice any of these symptoms, you should call Pride Plumbing as soon as possible to have our experts investigate the issue.
What To Do if You Suspect You Have a Gas Leak
It’s important to act immediately as soon as you suspect you have a gas leak at your Mount Gilead house. Some steps you should take include:
- First, you must evacuate your property as soon as possible.
- Once you’re in a safe place, call emergency professionals for help.
- Do not turn light switches on or off when you leave the property, as it can create a spark.
- Do not operate any electronics - including cell phones. Call for help from outside your house.
- Do not ignite any flames, including a match or a candle.
- Open all of the doors and windows to allow air to circulate.
- Do not leave your property via your car, as starting your vehicle -- even if it is in the garage or parked near your home -- can spark a fire.
Do you have a stubborn clog regular drain cleaning methods can’t remove? Learn about our drain cleaning services.
Risks Associated With Gas Leaks
Gas leaks can have extremely dangerous consequences - including the risks of explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Explosions: These can be triggered by a spark near the gas leak. If this occurs, it can not only put your house and family at risk but also neighboring homes and properties. Explosions are rare, but they are still a risk that needs to be taken seriously.
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: This is one of the most dangerous risks associated with gas leaks because there are typically no warning signs for carbon monoxide poisoning. Some symptoms to watch for can include fatigue, nausea, and light-headedness. You should evacuate your home immediately if you suspect you are experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning.