Slab leaks can lead to extensive water damage at your house. Located under your property’s foundation, these leaks can cause damage to your plumbing system and yard and can lead to the growth of mold and mildew in your home. To limit these issues, get professional help as soon as possible. Call Pride Plumbing for 24-hour emergency services in Mount Gilead, NC. When you schedule an appointment with our experts we will provide upfront pricing and courteous services.
Do you suspect there’s a leak at your house but you’re not sure where? Contact us to learn about our water leak detection services.
What Is a Slab Leak?
When you think of leaks in your home, you likely think of faulty pipes in your kitchen or bathroom. However, leaks in your foundation can cause extensive damage to your property. Slab leaks occur below the concrete foundation of your house and can go unnoticed for a long period of time - which can lead to extensive, and expensive, water damage. To limit the damage, call Pride Plumbing as soon as you suspect a leak at your Mt. Gilead home.
Symptoms of a Slab Leak
The key to limiting the damage caused by a slab leak is to detect it as early as possible. Some signs to watch for that can indicate you need professional services can include:
- Your monthly water bills are increasing without an increase in your usage.
- You hear running water in your home when you don’t have any faucets turned on.
- You notice cold or hot spots in your foundation.
- You notice cracks in the base of the walls or the foundation or other visible signs of damage.
Do you have hard water in your house? Learn about our water softener services to protect your appliances.
Ways Professionals Repair Slab Leaks
Slab leaks must be repaired by professionals. When these experts arrive at your house you can expect them to perform the following tasks:
- Use advanced home foundation leak detection methods like video camera inspection technology to determine if there is a leak.
- Open the slab and repair the leak at the exact spot of the issue.
- Determine if the plumbing - especially if it’s older and showing signs of aging - needs to be replaced or rerouted.
- Apply an epoxy pipe covering to repair any small cracks in the system. This is placed inside the pipes and can help you avoid a costly reconstruction.