Don’t risk having your home flood during the next major storm. Prevent water from entering your property by installing a functioning sump pump. These systems can keep floodwaters away from your house and prevent flooding. When you need a unit installed or repaired, call Pride Plumbing for services in Mount Gilead, NC. We offer on-time arrivals and upfront pricing.
Keep your family healthy by troubleshooting issues with your septic tank as soon as possible. Contact us to schedule septic tank services in Mt. Gilead.
Why You Need a Functioning Sump Pump
When heavy storms hit Mt. Gilead, you want to protect your house from floodwaters. Sump pumps can prevent excess water from entering your property - helping you avoid extensive water damage and expensive repairs. These units can also help you protect your family from unsafe living conditions as excess moisture can cause mold and mildew to form.
Various Types of Sump Pumps
There are several types of sump pumps you can choose from when installing a unit at your property. Some types of systems can include:
- Pedestal sump pumps: These have their pump set at the top of the sump basin. This lets technicians easily access it if it needs repairs. These units have hollow shafts or pipes that run down to the bottom of the basin where they pump out the water through an installed impeller apparatus.
- Submersible sump pumps: These have a waterproof motor and are placed into the pit, which allows for more quiet operation.
- Sewage septic pumps: This type of unit is used when black wastewater material has to be moved up a level from below the ground surface. These systems grind the waste into a fine slurry, which is then pumped upward into a septic tank system.
- Septic effluent pumps: These specialty devices force liquefied septic fluids through drain fields.
With all types of units, it is important to install a battery backup to keep your system working during a power failure.
Protect your house from water damage caused by foundation leaks. Contact us to learn about our slab leak services.
Common Sump Pump Problems
Like all appliances in your house, occasionally your sump pump may require repairs. Some common problems the unit might encounter can include:
- Power failures: Unless you have a battery backup installed, your unit will stop working if the power goes out during a severe storm.
- Float valve issues: Make sure that the float valve is free from any obstructions to avoid serious issues with your unit.
- Underpowered pumps: If your unit is not the right size for your home, you should have a new one installed as soon as possible.
- Frozen or clogged discharge pipe: Ensure that the discharge pipes are clean and properly functioning to prevent issues.
- Worn out pump motors: If the motor in your unit wears out, consult a professional to determine if you should repair it or if you need to replace the system.